Monday, June 13, 2011

The Joy of Snow...for dogs that is...

So today officially began my first day of summer vacation. I spent the weekend visiting in-laws in Billings and attending Corgis Gone Wild. See http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/collection_6aeba637-1fdb-57ef-95d1-b6dbb8cdbcc3.html#3

(Did you know they do a costume party FOR DOGS at Halloween? My hubby and I already have ideas for their costumes.)

I'm also proud to say that while these guys weren't the cutest two Corgis there by any means, they were some of the most well behaved. :) I guess if you can't have the cutest kids, you'll go for good?

And now that it is beautiful and green outside, of course, the first thing I would choose to do is SNOW, right? I was inspired while I watched my dogs run around this weekend playing with other Corgis and chasing toys. Their zest for life is so inspiring!

Actually, it totally wears me out sometimes. But that's beside the point. I LOVE IT. There's just nothing like a dog to remind me what it's all about. So here's a layout truly inspired by Skippy and Cowboy, the most fun two little Corgis anyone could ever have. Also inspired by Lisa M. Pace's book and her firm belief that you can NEVER use too much glitter!

The Joy of Snow









Try using felt...especially glittery felt like this :)...and make a box-top flower from it. It turns out really puffy and cute!







Click on the picture above to see the wonders of crackle paint applied on top of acrylic paint and then painted again. Just don't look at the part where my finger squashed into the letter J while the crackle paint and acrylic paint were still wet...oops.


Glitter, glitter, and more glitter!

And now to scrapping some greener days!!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute!! I love this layout, and I'm so proud of my nephews!! :)

    I was looking for ideas for how to decorate some Cricut letters, and guess what? You totally just solved my problem!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, I love glitter! I can't believe how much glitter you were able to incorporate into this layout, absolutely beautiful. The different mixes of texture are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete