Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gratitude Challenge Entry


A couple months ago, I stumbled upon the CASE Study Challenge blog, and then as I was checking my updates the other day, I saw that my friend and scrapteacher Kristii Lockart was the July muse!  I always love everything Kristii makes (I could still use more practice tying a "Kristii" bow at some point, though, friend!), and I was so inspired by her little bird and collage feel!  Here's my entry for CSC101.

I also found the Mojo Monday blog as I was snooping through Kristii's blog just yesterday.  Seriously!?!?!?  How have I missed such great inspiration for so long???  I LOVED the sketch and was inspired to play along right away!  Here is the link for this sketch #251.

So as my luck turns out, this card fits the bill for both challenges!  I used all Stampin' Up papers which felt very August-y to me...that time of year when the sky is still summer blue but the grass and fields are turning gold...ahhh, I love that.  I actually have so many birds in my stash right now, I had a hard time choosing one.

I guess I didn't realize how much I love these little guys.  And another birdie set is on my wish list!  Sheesh!

So this little guy from Provo Craft was THE ONE, so I fussy cut him out and used Crystal Effects to gloss him up.  I just love how he turned out!  I used Stampin' Up Naturals Ivory cardstock for a base, then stamped another piece of Naturals Ivory to make the second layer.

If you haven't been following CASE Study, Mojo Monday, or Kristii on her blog, check them out!!





5 comments:

  1. So cute, love your bird! I've recently discovered and started playing along with some of the challenges as well. They're great motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the sweetest Gia and your card is absolutely beautiful!!! I totally love it!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, sweet card. Elegant too! I love that! I'm so glad you could share this with us at CASE Study Challenge. I hope to see your fabulous work again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely combination of papers and I love your description of them being August-y! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete