Monday, August 1, 2011

Nieces. Is there really anything better? While we were watching these two...in much older form...ride carnival rides at the fair, I ask my mom (who is obviously their grandma), "What would we have done if Jess and Matt hadn't had the girls?"

My mom says, "Ohhhh. It would've been...boring!" And that is so true.

Not only did the appearance of these two forever change my view of young children, it really did inspire me to become a teacher. Then they moved back here, and I get to live close to them, which has meant sleepovers, dress up, baking, shopping, and teaching at the same school where they go. And buying little girl clothes is more fun than buying little boy clothes. There. I said it. I'm glad I got twin nieces. How fun is that? So here's some layouts...and many more to come I'm sure...of these two sweet girls who forever changed me.



This is Olivia about 8 years ago. I added a few things to the background, but I thought this gorgeous paper pretty much said it all, so I tried to keep it simple. Olivia had the BIGGEST eyes (well, still does) and the longest eyelashes and curly hair! Ohhh, I just want to send her back in time and give her a squeeze!!!



This is Sophia, Olivia's twin, about 6 or 7 years ago. We went to the park to fly kites (look how high it is!!) and I took these pictures, which I think are so gorgeous. They pretty well embody Sophie. She is a thinker, can't you tell? Those sweet little baby cheeks and gorgeous face...aww. And she BARELY hung onto that kite with one finger while her daddy stood by ready to catch it.







They really are the best ever.

1 comment:

  1. Totally bawling right now. I think you're the best auntie ever. Seriously. And these little girls ADORE you, just like me.

    ReplyDelete